BB010 Trastevere - Gianicolo
B&B on lovely street in Trastevere has 3 A/C guest rooms with queen beds & private baths in separate section of house. Internal staircase to an upper floor living room & beautiful large terrace. Cats on premises.
|• 3 rooms, sleeps up to 6; 2nd floor without elevator|
|• No Smoking; Children welcome; Pets not allowed; Pets on premises? Yes;|
|• Includes: A/C, TV, hairdryer, internet|
|Prices per night|
|Number of guests per room|
|Loren (n.1) double bedroom with en suite bathroom||€ 160|
|Magnani (n.2) double bedroom with private bathroom||€ 160|
|Vitti (n.3) double bedroom with private bathroom||€ 160|
|MAP OF THIS ACCOMMODATION |
Area: Trastevere/Santa Maria
This B & B, on a beautiful tree-lined street of lovely homes running from viale Trastevere up to the Gianicolo Hill, is on the 2nd floor of a non-elevator "palazzetto" of the early 20th century. Although near the heart of Trastevere, an historic district of Rome full of shops, restaurants (trattorias) and the bustle of daily Roman life, it is far enough away to provide a quiet atmosphere but still be within easy walking distance. The most striking feature of this unit is its large, double terrace (250 sq. mt./2700 sq ft.) beautifully decorated with trees and flowers, a table and chairs, and a table soccer game.
The unit offers 3 guest rooms in a separate section of the house with a door separating this area from the rest of the home. The rooms are named after 3 famous Italian actresses; Sophia Loren, Anna Magnani and Monica Vitti.
Each air conditioned room has a queen size bed, a TV and DVD player, Internet wireless connection and a private bathroom. All are furnished with modern art deco pieces, a specialty of the host.
- The LOREN (Room no. 1) is a very quiet room looking out into the garden. It has an ensuite bathroom with a stall shower and hair dryer.
- The MAGNANI (Room no. 2) looks out onto the street with a view of Rome in the distance. It has a private bathroom outside the room with a Jacuzzi tub and hair dryer. A third bed is available on request.
- The VITTI (Room no. 3) also looks onto the street and has, in addition to the queen size bed, a double sofa bed and a balcony. The private bathroom is outside the room and has a stall shower and a hairdryer.
An internal staircase connects to the upper floor where there is a large, beautiful living room with a corner kitchen and glazed windows and doors which open onto the terrace. It has sofas, a fireplace, a full screen TV, and a jukebox. The host will prepare guests' breakfasts and leave them in the living room for self service.
Guests may also have breakfast on the terrace and, of course, simply use it for relaxation and sunbathing.
- Street parking is available for guests traveling by car but careful attention must be paid on weekend evenings and nights when private cars are not allowed to use many streets in Trastevere.
The hosts speak English and Italian and the terrace is home to several cats.
The historic center of Rome is a 20 minute walk or a 10 minute ride on the nearby Tram Number 8 on Viale Trastevere to Largo Argentina which is in the historical center of Rome. From that point many of the main historical attractions of Rome such as Pza. Navona, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain and the Vatican are all within easy walking distance. Public transportation provides connection to all other sections of Rome.
- Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere1 km.
- St. Peter's 2,6 km.
- Campo de' Fiori 1,7 km.